CCTC Upward Cheerleading
- Season starts: End of August/Beginning of September
- Season ends: October
- Eligible players: Girls K5-6th grade. Child must be 5 by August 1st.
- Teams practice 1 hour, once a week, same night, same time.
- Games occur on Saturdays. Times may vary but will be between 9a-4p.
- Location: All practices and games are held on the Calvary Chapel Campus (unless otherwise communicated for special occasions).
- Cheer orientation is held mid July.
- If you have questions, email Amber at email@example.com or use the contact form below.
We need head coaches, assistant coaches, referees, concession volunteers, setup/cleanup volunteers, etc. If you have a heart to serve in this ministry, we will find a spot for you!
A few important details about volunteering:
- Our mission statement at Calvary Chapel Upward Sports is "Sharing Christ with the community through sports!" We love sports, but our main desire is to honor and share Christ with all those involved. Therefore, to be a coach or referee for us you need to be a born again, bible believing follower of Jesus Christ; otherwise, you won't be able to help us share Christ with everyone involved. Coaches will need to be able to provide a pastor reference from the Christian church they are actively attending.
- Safety of our players is of the utmost importance for us; therefore, all volunteers must pass a background check.
- All volunteers must also complete an assigned ministry safe online child safety course (this will come in the form of an email from the church and takes approximately 1 hour to complete).
- The time commitment for coaches per season is as follows: helping at orientation if available, attending coach training day, 1 hour practice once a week, and 1 game on Saturdays (estimated 1.5 hours). We will find substitutes for you if needed for practices and games.
- Coaches don't have to be Pro's or even have experience. We will provide training and materials to help with coaching and when possible, we try to pair less experienced coaches with a more experienced coach to work together. Most importantly, we are looking for those with a passion to share the Gospel of Jesus with participants and their families.